Two eaglets on nest this morning - Friday March 4

Two eaglets on nest this morning - Friday March 4

This morning we made a welfare check on the nest, as no one has posted any observations the past few days (maybe, like us your are glued to computer screen viewing the Iowa eagle nest cam). It was very windy, and the trees in front of the nest were swaying wildly, and the needles on the nest tree often obscured our view of the nest.

Getting an open shot of the nest was like a surfer waiting for a big wave-- all the obstructions had to be in just the right place, and for an instant we finally could see that both eaglets were there and looked okay. The parents were never in sight during the 40 minutes we watched from the grassy median.

The older chick is about 48 days old (presuming she hatched on January 11th)