Visiting the nest at the marina

Rockitglider
I just wanted to say that when you're going out to the nest to see the Eagles at the marina it's better to bring binoculars with you because it's very hard to see the nest with the naked eye even if you have a long camera lens it can be difficult to find the nest so I highly recommend bringing binoculars if you want to be able to see the nest from the shore without renting a boat. A spotting scope works good as well. Happy holidays to everybody.

Re: Visiting the nest at the marina

Sally
Happy Thanksgiving.  Thinking of visiting the marina today.  Anyone else headed out there?

Re: Visiting the nest at the marina

Rockitglider
Hello,

I was there yesterday but the eagles didn't come back until later in the day. They seem to be still not staying all day as I thought they were. But they are still nesting at the Marina. They have not laid eggs as of Sunday, but this could change any day now.

Re: Visiting the nest at the marina

mitcha
I think they are buliding 2 nests. I saw eagle brining nesting material to last years tree but lower down. If you look closely there os more nesting material.