We Have Eggs!

Rockitglider
Hello,

Mama sitting on the nest now incubating. So that means 34 to 36 days till chicks, around Jan 4th This is great, I hope they have more than one this year. Starlings were still harassing them, but yesterday they were chasing them off, must be because of the egg laying. Yesterday the Starlings were landing in the nest tree, but the eagles were chasing them off and it made for some great flying pictures. Here's a link showing pictures of the chase, and I inserted a picture of mama on the nest.

http://img.gg/8AkT99R

Kit

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stylechick60
Such great news!!  Thanks for the update and great photos,  kit!
โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿฆ…

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2018, at 7:03 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Mama sitting on the nest now incubating. So that means 34 to 36 days till chicks, around Jan 4th This is great, I hope they have more than one this year. Starlings were still harassing them, but yesterday they were chasing them off, must be because of the egg laying. Yesterday the Starlings were landing in the nest tree, but the eagles were chasing them off and it made for some great flying pictures. Here's a link showing pictures of the chase, and I inserted a picture of mama on the nest.

http://img.gg/8AkT99R

Kit

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/We-Have-Eggs-tp7575141.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stephanie5056
Good evening everyone.

That is awesome news. I plan on stopping by and โ€œvisitingโ€ this week on my way to work

Re: We Have Eggs!

Sally
Amazing photos.  Fingers crossed for a successful season!  Sally

Re: We Have Eggs!

naturegirl
Great news she must have laid them right after I left saturday morning lol. Will drive by check on them before the new year then hoping they have 2 or 3 chicks this year . Thx for the update

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stephanie5056
Wow!

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:17 PM naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great news she must have laid them right after I left saturday morning lol. Will drive by check on them before the new year then hoping they have 2 or 3 chicks this year . Thx for the update

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/We-Have-Eggs-tp7575141p7575145.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: We Have Eggs!

hello,

I was there Saturday evening and they were chasing the starlings and she was not on the nest, she was still perched in the tree, then on Sunday evening she was sitting on the nest, so I think either it happened Sat. night or during the day Sunday or both. I wish we had a camera on the nest like they do on the west coast, then we would know for sure.

Kit

Re: We Have Eggs!

The most reliable sign that the first egg has been laid is that the female will sink down deep in the nest and rarely leave the eggs unattended. She often will act "broody" for a few days before laying-- sinking down for long periods but then moving about and roosting off the nest at times.

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stylechick60
That would be wonderful if there was a camera on the nest !  I watched the decorah, Iowa eagles a few years ago and since then my love and interest in eagles (and birds) has grown.  Thank you again everyone for sharing your photos and info.
Have a blessed day !

Tammie

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/We-Have-Eggs-tp7575141p7575148.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stephanie5056
I watch the one in Ft Myers. Went there to see E9. Going again in 2019. I watch Decorah and DC and NE Florida.  How do we petition the AEF for a cam?

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/We-Have-Eggs-tp7575141p7575149.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: We Have Eggs!

I'm going to go by there after work tomorrow to see if she is still in the nest. Hi Ken, haven't heard from you in a while. Good to hear from you.

Kit

Re: We Have Eggs!

naturegirl
Has anyone noticed her sitting in the nest or are they still fixing it up? Will try to pop by tomorrow morning

Re: We Have Eggs!

Rockitglider
She is in the nest and has been there for more than a week now

Kit

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stylechick60
Yaaaaay !!!

Sent from my iPad

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/We-Have-Eggs-tp7575141p7575155.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: We Have Eggs!

Rockitglider
Went to the nest this morning and she's sitting deep in the nest still.  Hope to see chicks on Jan 3-5th  Happy holidays to you all, and hope to meet some of you there some day, I'm not driving the faded blue Highlander anymore, I got a new car for Christmas, so now I'm driving a sporty little Volvo C30 Silver in color, I love it, very fun to drive. Here's a shot from this morning.

Kit

Re: We Have Eggs!

Stylechick60
Happy holidays to you Kit and everyone else ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ„โ˜ƒ๏ธ

Sent from my iPad

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/We-Have-Eggs-tp7575141p7575157.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML