Wed, 7 April 2010, 10-10:30 am

Trisha
All 3 eaglets were up and moving around on the nest when I arrived. There was minimum helicoptering but a lot of wing flapping. As I was going to the car I heard loud calling from the young and just caught an adult that had flown over the road north to south and went just over the top wire and flew almost straight into the nest. It was only at the nest long enough to drop the prey and flew right over the nest and out the back! It happened so fast I never would have seen it without hearing the calling from the nest! I stayed a few extra minutes to see that all 3 were pulling and tearing at the meal and eating at record pace! That may be why the adult didn't hang around long at all.

Re: Wed, 7 April 2010, 10-10:30 am

Carolyn J
And there probably isn't any ROOM for the adults to stay in there! Those kids are big!

Re: Wed, 7 April 2010, 10-10:30 am

Trisha
You are so right, Carolyn! Seems like standing room only these days!