Wednesday MAR 12 Adult flying out at sunrise and returning with prey

Wednesday MAR 12 Adult flying out at sunrise and returning with prey

Mary Lou and I were out on the wetlands SW of the eagle nest at 7:15 this morning. At 7:33 Am, just one minute before official sunrise, we saw this adult Bald Eagle flying SE in a line from the nest area to the northernmost lake at Sunset Lakes.

At 8:18 AM I photographed an adult returning, presumably the same bird, flying NW from the more southerly part of Sunset Lakes ("The Lighthouse" area) towards the nest. Now it was carrying an unidentified prey item.