Wednesday, March 7 -- Both adults on nest

Wednesday, March 7 -- Both adults on nest

I briefly joined Barry Heimlich and  Nancy Boyle at the nest a little before 4:00 PM. Both adults were on the nest. They were both tearing at prey and appeared to be feeding the eaglet, though I could not see it. I only had compact binoculars and no camera.

The young bird could be heard calling and the sound appeared to be coming from the nest, so I am quite sure the eaglet is safe.

Perhaps Barry or Nancy did succeed in seeing the youngster, but I had to depart after only a few minutes.

If anyone else sees the eaglet, please let us all know.