Week 12/31/16 Chicks in the nest!

Rockitglider
Hello everyone, I'm so excited! I saw 2 chicks with my binoculars, but only able to catch a shot of 1 head sticking up with the camera. I was far from the nest to be able to get the right angle to see the chicks because they are so small I can't see them when closer to the nest. So I have to say 2 chicks at a minimum as of today. Awesome! I only saw one adult today after being there for 3 hours, I'm going to return for the next two days to see if I can get better shots for a solid count of chicks, and to make sure the other adult is around and okay.

Kit

Re: Week 12/31/16 Chicks in the nest!

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
Congratulations to all!

 - Kelly

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

Hello everyone, I'm so excited! I saw 2 chicks with my binoculars, but only able to catch a shot of 1 head sticking up with the camera. I was far from the nest to be able to get the right angle to see the chicks because they are so small I can't see them when closer to the nest. So I have to say 2 chicks at a minimum as of today. Awesome! I only saw one adult today after being there for 3 hours, I'm going to return for the next two days to see if I can get better shots for a solid count of chicks, and to make sure the other adult is around and okay.

Kit

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Week-12-31-16-Chicks-in-the-nest-tp7574643.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: Week 12/31/16 Chicks in the nest!

Speechykeane
This is very exciting!  Hopefully the second eagle was out hunting..  I did see one eagle in the tree just west of the tree with the nest on Saturday morning around 10 a.m., but wasn't able to see much else since I was driving by ...
BT

Saw the pair when I was riding my bike inside Quiet Waters Park yesterday, about 10AM.  Both are definitely there.
Bob T

Re: Week 12/31/16 Chicks in the nest!

Rockitglider
Thats great news because I hadn't seen him for 2 days.  By the way there is confirmed 3 chicks in the nest as of Monday.  I will post pictures later.

Kit