Welfare check on eaglets Wednesday, March 23

Welfare check on eaglets Wednesday, March 23

Mary Lou and I observed the nest for about 45 minutes from 8:30 AM this morning. Both eaglets were sitting quietly, high on the nest. They seemed alert, as if waiting for a food drop. Neither engaged in wing flapping or branching. The adults were nowhere in sight.

The older eaglet (P. Piney Seven) appears as large as (or larger than) the adult birds. (Hey, somebody had to give her name!). She has a white spot on her chest and lots of white on her breast, while little brother (P. Piney Eight) shows fewer white markings underneath.

I obtained a video clip, which I will post later.

Re: Welfare check on eaglets Wednesday, March 23

Linda954
I like the names.      I love the photos.   Very handsome eaglettes with the white throughout.  I don't recall seeing that on the past eaglettes.