eagles?

Kathy
Has anyone been to the nest lately, no posts?  I guess everyone is busy like me and unable to go. . . . .
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: eagles?

Jill W
I've just returned from being away for two weeks.  As soon as I get caught up on laundry, mail, and all the good stuff we have to do after being away, I intend to see what's going on there.  I'm optimistic I'm going to have something good to report.  ~fingers crossed~

Jill

Re: eagles?

Jill W
I'm planning on going tomorrow (Friday 11-12) about 10 AM to 2 PM.  I hope to see one or more of you fellow nest watchers there, but I know it's a busy time of year with the holidays coming up so soon.  So... if I don't see you tomorrow, maybe another time.

Jill

Re: eagles?

Jill W
i was there fm a few min after 10 til 11:30.  then went 2 lunch.  i'm going back now.  i did not see any eagles.  sorry, i'm doing this fm my c ell.  new thing 4 me.  it's hard 2 see the nest.  trees in front have grown A LOT!

Re: eagles?

Kathy
Jill they tend to be at nest just before sunset

Keep smiling so that others will wonder what you are smiling about

On Nov 12, 2010, at 1:00 PM, "Jill W [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

i was there fm a few min after 10 til 11:30.  then went 2 lunch.  i'm going back now.  i did not see any eagles.  sorry, i'm doing this fm my c ell.  new thing 4 me.  it's hard 2 see the nest.  trees in front have grown A LOT!

live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: eagles?

Jill W
I returned to the nest area after lunch and stayed until 2 PM.  I never saw or heard an eagle.  There are a couple of places on the median where a good view of the nest is available when the wind blows from the E. or W.  The small trees blocking the view will lean with the wind.  I wasn't able to see it at all from the S. side of the road.  Maybe if I stood on top of a ladder, I'd be able to see it from there.  I was standing on the grass on the median when I felt something bite my foot.  I was happy to see it was a just a large red ant.  I was almost afraid to look because I thought it could be a snake.  Eek!

Thanks, Kat.  I'll try again very late in the afternoon.

The only subject for a picture was this guy.

Great White Egret