new observation 10/16/14 9:00am

MyEagle13
Well first i apologize for no having my cam with me only my phone hope doesn't matter?

Myeagle13

Re: new observation 10/16/14 9:00am

Thanks for the interesting observations-- both the visit by the immature and the photo of the female on the nest. It is not uncommon for the female to spend some time on the nest for several days before laying the first egg, but once that egg is laid she usually will not budge from the nest until the male relieves her of incubation duties.  She may get up and rearrange the nest/eggs and sometimes take a very brief absence, but in our experience so far the best indication that an egg has been deposited is her continuous deep position in the nest-- often only the top of her head is barely visible or the nest may appear to be empty unless watched for 20-30 minutes at a time.

Please, everyone, keep a close eye on the nest as this is one of the precarious times in their breeding cycle, when they are more sensitive to disturbance just before and around when the eggs are laid.  Looking forward to returning to Florida and joining the nest watchers soon. We depend upon you to help pin down the date the first egg is laid, as we seem to have been quite accurate in past years.

Re: new observation 10/16/14 9:00am

MyEagle13
you're very welcome i promise that i will keep my eyes very open starting today as a matter of fact today is the first day i see her at the nest laying like that and dad close on that old tree on days before they only spend time on the old pines the one heading west and not always together but i think he likes that tree cause maybe he can see her at the nest when he is perching on there i don't know but it can be a possibility any ways i'm so happy when i see a juvenile around that means that their babies are surviving and we will have more and more eagle to watch don't you think!!!
Myeagle13

Re: new observation 10/16/14 9:00am

Yes, it is likely that the immature is one from a prior year. At this nest. From your photo I could not get an idea of its age. Thanks for being so vigilant!

Re: new observation 10/16/14 9:00am

MyEagle13
i can tell you is a very young one the color of the feathers thru my binoculars were still brownish well glad to talk to you too !!!! i post very soon again as soon as i see something interesting bye everyone!!
Myeagle13