visited the nest 5/22/13 from 4:34p - 7:55p saw no eagles :(

visited the nest 5/22/13 from 4:34p - 7:55p saw no eagles :(

Desiree

Re: visited the nest 5/22/13 from 4:34p - 7:55p saw no eagles :(

Thanks, Desiree.

We stopped by twice, on May 19 and 21 and also saw no sign of eaglet or adults. In past years the juvenile was last observed between April 27 and June 4. They usually then migrate north to find cooler water where most of the fish do not need to stay deep as they do in Florida. They may travel up to the Chesapeake Bay area and even farther north. The adults may linger locally and be seen occasionally during the summer.

So it's a good idea to keep an eye out to get the best fix possible on when they depart.