10/3/09...9:20AM....Eagle eating in the nest

10/3/09...9:20AM....Eagle eating in the nest

serrah46
At 9:15 A.M I arrived at the eagle's nest, and one eagle was perched on the far south side of the dead malelucas. The other eagle was eating what appeared to be a fish while in the nest. After it finished it's meal it flew to the tree on the east side of its nest. The eagle remained there even after I left at 11:15 A.M

P.S. - An eagle was at the nest yesterday at 7:15 P.M.

Re: 10/3/09...9:20AM....Eagle eating in the nest

Trisha
Thanks so much for the update and awesome shots! I have been unlucky all week, by the nest 4 times and still haven't spotted one of the eagles....so I really love getting to see them in your photos!

Re: 10/3/09...9:20AM....Eagle eating in the nest

Wonderful documentation of early nesting activity. The "official" Florida Bald Eagle nesting season just started on October 1, and this pair is right on schedule!

Last season, our sightings were not systematically recorded until early December, so we really did not know when the birds began reconstructing the nest.

I have updated the "Eagle Milestone" spreadsheet, available at this link.

Re: 10/3/09...9:20AM....Eagle eating in the nest

Jill W
Thanks!!
I hope you keeping seeing them.