Adult eagle at nest today

Many of you know Tim McCoy, who served as monitor of the eagle nest for the contractor who installed the traffic lights for the School Board at Pines and 209th Avenue. Today he wrote:

Hello    I was at the eagle nest today saw one of the adult eagles setting on the nest at10:00 AM she flew away about 10:30 it look like it was the female 9/22/09

Timothy W. Mc Coy
Traffic Control Devices Inc.

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Trisha
Wow......exciting!

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Jill W
Oh, yes!!  Very exciting!  Hope there are more sightings soon and that he or she starts rebuilding the nest.

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Gary
I can confirm as well, I saw one of the eagles carrying a large stick across Pines Bl. to the nest abour 6:30 Am today.

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Jill W

Fantastic!

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Mrs. Smith's Classes
We're very excited to start studying these eagles!!
Very exciting to see that they're bringing sticks back to the nest!!!! (Ronald)
I would love to see the fledglings start flying (Jared)

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Trisha
We are so happy to hear of your interest and enthusiasm to study the eagles. It has been such an exciting experience to observe and learn about our national bird, the American Bald Eagle, so close to our homes.

Jared, have you watched the video on this site of one of the fledglings (from last years nesting season) very first flight?

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

riku0142
i just wanted to share a story about what happened to me last year. last year when the eagles where at the nest one of the adult eagles swooped dow and grabed a fish out of the cannal right across my street.it was sooooooo cool!

Re: Adult eagle at nest today

Carolyn J