Adult eagle on nest today?

Kelly Smith
As I was driving by the nest today, Saturday 8/15, I'm fairly certain that I saw an adult eagle sitting there.  Hmmmm. I wasn't expecting that! I also saw a Limpkin in a flooded swale alongside Pines Blvd.  It was a day of surprises.

Re: Adult eagle on nest today?

riku0142
what is a limpken?

Re: Adult eagle on nest today?

A Limpkin is a long-legged wading bird that is found in Florida and other southern states. It has a wailing cry that sounds alomost like a human in distress. Though fairly common in Everglades habitat, they can be reclusive and hard to find. They can walk into some grass and seem to disappear before your eyes. Since it is not found up north and it is also rarely seen, it is on the "wish list" of many birders.

Here is a picture I took of one:

Limpkin

Thanks for asking!

Re: Adult eagle on nest today?

Carolyn J
You just HAD to go and let Trisha know you saw a Limpkin right there! That's one of her elusive favorites. She has seen them, but always hopes for more. (Mine was the Least Bittern until I finally got some views within the last month.)
Keep posting, Kelly, as you are actually close enough to have a chance of seeing them! Thanks.

Re: Adult eagle on nest today?

Jimmy Valentine
YEA, I SAW A EAGLE ON THE NEST. PRETTY COOLS.

Re: Adult eagle on nest today?

A PERSON
MS SMITH IS BEAST!!!!!!!