At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

tomsease
Also saw this other strange bird just walking across Pines.   From a distance, I thought it was an Anhinga at first but it’s definitely not that.  It didn’t seem to want to fly.  It wanted to get to something on the other side of the fence but it wouldn’t fly to get there.

DSCN2219

DSCN2230

Re: At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

tomsease
I think that other bird was a double-crested cormorant (I found it on whatbird.com)

Re: At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

tczig
That bird is a cormorant.  Very, very similar to the anhinga, but they have fantastic turquoise eyes.  If you ever go to Everglades National Park, go to the anhinga trail there, and you will lots of cormorants.  They are very common here.

Re: At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

tomsease
Those eyes are amazing:

Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

That bird is a cormorant.  Very, very similar to the anhinga, but they have fantastic turquoise eyes.  If you ever go to Everglades National Park, go to the anhinga trail there, and you will lots of cormorants.  They are very common here.

To start a new topic under CURRENT 2012-2013 NESTING SEASON OBSERVATIONS AND PHOTOS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: At the nest this morning we saw the eaglet waiting for her parents

Desiree
Nice pictures, I have never seen the other bird before, I hope he makes it home ok!