Both eagles at nest 7:10 AM OCT 24

Mary Lou and I visited the nest at 7:10 AM again this morning and found both eagles on the nest and actively moving sticks about. Since it was mostly cloudy and sunrise was not until 7:25, photographic conditions were less than ideal. Luis, Frank and Phil soon joined us. The female (Jewel) often flew up to the support branch just to the right of the nest and sometimes pulled on green twigs.

Some greens were among the nest materials they were rearranging, as seen in this photo. Jewel is on the left:

Here Pride is working to place a stick, under Jewel's watchful eye:

Jewel's tail is almost pure white on the top, with barely visible brown feather tips.

However, from below her tail shows two prominent dark feather shafts and the tips appear darker. She also has speckling on her rump and undertail coverts.

She also shows a bit of white on her breast and under her wings.

Jewel flew off to the SW:

Luis,, Frank and Phil remained at the nest site after we departed, at about 8:20 AM.

Re: Both eagles at nest 7:10 AM OCT 24

ctitanic
It was an amazing experience. My first time there and both eagles were there. I posted my pictures here. The quality probably is not the best but I'm a happy camper!

Re: Both eagles at nest 7:10 AM OCT 24

ctitanic
DSC_0135_20151024_3001 DSC_0117_20151024_2997 DSC_0085_20151024_2981 DSC_0083_20151024_2980

Re: Both eagles at nest 7:10 AM OCT 24

Lisa G
Great Pictures ... Jewel is a Beautiful Girl :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net