Both eagles seen Wednesday morning NOV 13

Both eagles seen Wednesday morning NOV 13

I arrived a little before 8:00 AM-- I think I saw Phil leaving just as I came by. There was one adult in the Melaleuca graveyard west of the nest. I believe it was the male, based on flat forehead and more tapered body. The light was bad and my shots turned out too dark. I got a shot of its head just in case it was the female-- it showed no signs of injury.

Mike L joined me shortly after I got there, and we saw a second adult circle over the nest and move to the southeast. I checked the nest area and it was not visible.

The first bird took flight and appeared to fly past the nest. There was a strong northerly wind and maybe it did not want to land downwind. In any event, when I went to the nest to check I found an adult there. I think it was the male but really am not sure.

This eagle then flew out toward the road and circled low several times before gaining altitude. It continued to circle higher and disappeared to the south.

While the eagle was circling, an immature Cooper's Hawk joined it for a minute or so.

Re: Both eagles seen Wednesday morning NOV 13

tomsease
We're up in Vero Neach now. I believe there's another nesting pair of eagles about a mile or so from our new house. I saw what I believe was a juvenile eagle when I was out for a run this morning. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some pictures for you soon. There is amazing number of bird species around here: sand hill cranes, wood storks, ospreys, I even saw a spoonbill a few weeks ago.

Sent from my NOOK

"NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ken Schneider
Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Both-eagles-seen-Wednesday-morning-NOV-13-tp7573203.html
To start a new topic under CURRENT 2013-2014 NESTING SEASON OBSERVATIONS AND PHOTOS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: Both eagles seen Wednesday morning NOV 13

I took this 189 degree panorama from the south corner of SW 209th & Pines Boulevard. That's Mike Levine with his camera focused on the Bald Eagle that is roosting atop a Melaleuca snag. Taken with my iPhone, it shows the entire block down to SW 208th Avenue. The eagle is just a dot near the center of the photo.

Re: Both eagles seen Wednesday morning NOV 13

Liza
These are great Ken ! I also saw the Cooper flying over 196th North bound today ! But i was driving . Will post my observations in a bit ! Love the head shot ! :)  The panorama is truly cool !
Liza

Re: Both eagles seen Wednesday morning NOV 13

Lisa G
Nice Pictures Ken :):)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net