DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties

DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties

This morning I watched another exchange of incubation duties. It was cool, about 68 degrees with a steady breeze from the north. There were FWC signs on the fence along the south side of the road. Some looked new. The FDOT "No Parking" sign to the west had still not been replaced and was on the ground near the SE corner of 209th Avenue.

The male (Pride) was not evident in or around the nest in the usual roosting spots. The female (Joy) was sitting deep in the nest facing right when I arrived at about 9:45 AM.

Around 10:00 AM Joy changed position with her head to the left.

All was quiet until about 10:30 when I heard the screams of an adult eagle seeming to come from behind and to the right (west) of the nest. I checked the surrounding trees and then walked down to the melaleuca snags to the west, where I found Pride roosting.

Pride roosted there until 10:42 when he flew to the nest, appearing from behind, into the wind (Pride is on the right side of this photo). The pair called to each other briefly, and Joy flew to the east and roosted in the large pine along the road for about a minute. She then flew down to the melaleucas and roosted there.

Pride settled very deeply into the nest, out of sight most of the time. Just as I was driving away at about 11:00 AM Joy flew off low to the south.

Re: DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties

Lisa G
We were there yesterday at the Nest .. And we posted our Pictures on the Facebook page we did see Pride and Joy .. I also had the great pleasure of meeting  Doug Young President, South Florida Audubon Society and we have partnered together in our Afford to get the Camera up before next season .. We have come up with great ideas and we look forward to a great partnership :) And have agreed to start to call the Eagles by there names Pride & Joy because adults and children will relate to the Eagles by the Names we have picked for them .. I am also proud to say Me & My husband are proud members of the South Florida Audubon Society and we look forward to helping in any way we can .. more info to come :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties

That's good news, Lisa. Audubon is a 501(c)(3) organization and may be in a better position to help finance a camera because donations are tax-deductible. Since Florida does not have an income tax there is no advantage to a state-only nonprofit status.

I need to get used to using their names (when I feel sure about their gender as I was this morning).

Re: DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties

NancyB
I'm so glad you and Doug are working together!  Do you want me to take down Barry's site?

Nancy

RE: DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties

Lisa G

Yes please there is no reason for his to be up .. J thanks for all your support JJ I can’t wait to meet you J

Thanks Lisa

[...]

NAML

To unsubscribe from DEC 16 10:30 AM Day #9 Another exchange of incubation duties, click here.
NAML