Eagles at nest today (Tue., 02/10/2015 - 12:30pm)

Eagles at nest today (Tue., 02/10/2015 - 12:30pm)

tczig
This post was updated on .
I was at the nest today from about 12:30 pm till about 1:15.  When I first got there, the nest was empty.  I waited around, and then saw one of the eagles on the tall stick-trees to the right.  He had a fish in his talon and was picking at it.

I went back to the nest, and then there was an eagle on the nest, but only for a minute or 2.  That eagle then flew right above the nest and sat for a couple minutes.

I am not sure if it was the same eagle - the one on the stick-trees and the one on the nest - as I never saw the 2 together.  And, I can't identify the male from the female, so I don't know which it was.

I think it was 2 different eagles because when I left, the one with the fish on the stick-trees was still there.  Either it was flying in and out of the nest then back to that spot, or it was 2 different eagles.

Here are my photos from today.

Re: Eagles at nest today (Tue., 02/10/2015 - 12:30pm)

Lisa G
We have pictures on our Facebook and it was Pride & the new Female at the nest today . We have confirmed it :) Nice pictures :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Eagles at nest today (Tue., 02/10/2015 - 12:30pm)

tczig
Thank you Lisa.  I wish I had that "Eagle" eye to tell them apart, but no such luck.  Julie

Re: Eagles at nest today (Tue., 02/10/2015 - 12:30pm)

Nice photos, Liza!

That is the female eating the fish-- you can see the dark tail feather tips and maybe a few dark streaks in her lower neck feathers. No way to compare sizes but her lower belly appears somewhat more rounded.