Eaglet photographed this morning (Feb 2)

Eaglet photographed this morning (Feb 2)

Mary Lou and I arrived at the nest site at about 9:00 AM. There was a group of photographers from Spain. The female adult was on the nest and actively feeding the chick(s). I took about 40 shots, hoping to get an image of an eaglet. The top of one's head appeared in two photos, and just before I stopped shooting this one popped up into view. This is approximately the 18th day after the first eaglet hatched.

Re: Eaglet photographed this morning

The top of the eaglet's head is visible.

Parent feeding eaglet, not visible in this photo.

Re: Eaglet photographed this morning

Mike Fossler
Way to go Ken!!!! Time to start counting how many!

Re: Eaglet photographed this morning

Yes, Mike. Once one is seen it usually is up almost every day afterward, with any siblings closely following.