Friday 05-13-2016 visit, 12:00pm-1:00pm

Mike Fossler
Visited the nest this afternoon after a long hiatus. Below are photos I took which pretty much shows what I saw the entire time - one eaglet in the nest and an adult on the branch above. It appears there is no second eaglet about as the one is quite large and can barely conceal itself when lying down in the nest.

Re: Friday 05-13-2016 visit, 12:00pm-1:00pm

tczig
GORGEOUS photos, Mike.  I'm going up to the nest next week; I haven't been in about 2 weeks.  I was questioning whether there was a second eaglet - and it appears there isn't.  But, this one looks very healthy.  I'm glad to see it.  I miss Ken's photographs!

Re: Friday 05-13-2016 visit, 12:00pm-1:00pm

Lisa G

Went the Nest May 14, 2016 and I hate to say the little Eaglet that was at the nest with the older one did pass . There is only one Eaglet and by the Size of the Eaglet that is in the nest I would say a Girl for sure . She should be flying in the next 2 weeks :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net