Friday, March 25, 2011

Georgia M
From 11:30 - 1:00 there was only one eaglet visible at the nest.  Neither the parents nor the second eaglet were in the vicinity.
Georgia

Re: Friday, March 25, 2011

Georgia's report causes me some concern, as the eaglets did not leave their nests until 77 and 80 days of age, respectively. The present brood probably began hatching about 70 days ago, though it could have been a few days earlier.

I can't get over there today, but hope someone stops by if only to report on the whereabouts of the chicks.

Whatever you see, please report on this forum.

Thanks!

Re: Friday, March 25, 2011

fcalz
I just come in from the next at 6.30 and there is only one eagle no parent visible. I stop by yesturday at 5:30 and I only saw one. I concern that something happand.

Re: Friday, March 25, 2011

Georgia M
The website http://www.baldeagleinfo.com/eagle/eagle4.html states that first flight can occur between 10 and 13 weeks, so we are within that timeframe.
Georgia