GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Phil1
One adult eagle carrying a dead Melaleuca branch to the nest.   The two of them together.

Re: GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Jill W
  Nice pics, too!

Jill

Re: GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Kathy
Great pics Jill, what camera and lens are you using! Will be nice to see this years babies!
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Jill W
Oops, Kat!  I did not take those pics.  The person who started the thread (Phil1) did.

Jill

Re: GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Mike Fossler
I was by Friday PM and did not see the eagles, but it was evident they had been building on the nest. Specifically, there is a man-made board/stick sticking out of the nest about 3 feet or so on the east side.
MF

Re: GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Jill W
Mike -

I saw that man-made thing sticking out of the nest and thought I must have been seeing "things" as it was kind of reflecting the sun so it appeared to be made of metal or plastic.  I tried to get a decent picture of it to see if anyone else had ever noticed it, but my pictures of it were lousy.

I got some really good (well, good for me, that is..) pics today.  I'm working on them right now.  I'll be sharing them shortly.

Jill

Re: GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Phil1
Hi Kat, in answer to your question, I'm using a Canon 7D with a 100-400mm lens.  I stopped by the nest late this evening and was able to take some obstructed pics of both adults at the nest.  I'll post shortly.

Phil