Happy day ,May 5 ,2010

Al

Happy day ,May 5 ,2010

Al
I arrived about 08:15, and there was one juvenile in the nest . It flew to the west,  so I sat my chair in the shade to watch. At about 08:25 a juvenile flew in from the south. I took a good look at that eagle ,and thought it was not one I had seen the pass few days. It had more white down mixed-in it's feathers than I had seen. It laid down in the nest, and that where it stayed. About 09:25 ,a gentleman on a bike stoped and I began to report what we had seen the last few days, including the scream from last week. At about 09:30 we could hear an adult flying-in, and it had a juvenile in-tow. The adult droped the food and flew, and the two juveniles in the nest began to eat. A minute or so after the third juvenile flew in from the west. All three juveniles in the nest tree this morning!

Re: Happy day ,May 5 ,2010

Carolyn J
Al,
Thanks for such fantastic news! You certainly made my day, along with many other eagle watchers!
Thank you also, for being at the nest as much as you have been. I appreciate the time you've spent.
Carolyn

Re: Happy day ,May 5 ,2010

Jill W
  WOW!!!  It certainly is a happy day for me after reading your post, Al.  Thanks!!!

Jill

Re: Happy day ,May 5 ,2010

Double WOW Al!!!!!!!   That is the best news and how fitting that YOU saw all 3! I'm so happy for you! It must have been thrilling. Those adults are so smart.....taking care of the little guy out of the nest! Nature is just amazing! Thanks so much for all the observation time you have put in Al and keeping us all informed with your posts!!!

Re: Happy day ,May 5 ,2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo to the family of five!

Would you believe, today one of the local Bald Eagle chicks here in Illinois showed its head for the first time. And, I just learned that this nest, discovered in March, is only about 1 mile from our home and 1/4 mile from our daughter's, and is the FIRST in Kane County since before DDT was banned. Happy coincidences!