I saw one of the adults today

Kathy
I was going to the post office today and passed by the nest at 7:35 P.M. and I saw one of the adults perched in the Maleluca trees.  I did not see any other eagles, but mind you I was driving and did not really get a look at the nest.  So I guess the eagles are still hanging around.  Will go again tomorrow at the same time.
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: I saw one of the adults today

This is interesting. As I understand it, the eagles in South Florida (particularly the adults) are less migratory than those in Central Florida and more northern parts of the state. The southern birds tend to wander locally during the summer, rather than northward. Those nesting to the north (especially juveniles) sometimes travel as far as Chesapeake Bay and even into New England and Canada.

Re: I saw one of the adults today

Carolyn J
Thanks for the info. Maybe "our" parents do stay in the area year round. There were sightings last year outside of mating/nesting season.

Re: I saw one of the adults today

Mike Fossler
I too saw an adult along I-75 and the canal south of Miramar Parkway last week (see 6-22-10 post). There are dead malaleucas there as well, along the canal at the Dade/Broward line and an adult was perched atop one around 7:15 am or so.