JULY 17: Adult and juvenile sighted 1 mile east of nest

JULY 17: Adult and juvenile sighted 1 mile east of nest

Back home in Florida, I visited the nest during the day a couple of times this past week but failed to see either the eaglet or any adult eagles. Earlier this week (on JULY 13) while walking at the south end of the unpaved portion of Miramar Parkway/SW 196th Ave I saw an adult eagle flying from the nest area towards the large lake in Sunset Lakes.   This was at 6:48 AM, about 10 minutes after sunrise.

Again this morning (JULY 17) at the same location, just after sunrise (6:43 AM), an adult Bald Eagle flew overhead, following the same flight path towards the large lake in Sunset Lakes.

About a half hour later at the north end of the roadway I saw a juvenile eagle perched in the dead Melaleucas along the Pembroke Road right-of-way, about 1 mile east of the nest. A mockingbird was harassing the young bird. A large bird, this is quite certainly "Spirit," who is about 4 months (approximately 123 days) old today.

I watched it roosting for about a half hour before it flew a short ways to the east in another dead tree, this time partly obscured from view. It was still there when i departed at about 8:00 AM

Re: JULY 17: Adult and juvenile sighted 1 mile east of nest

johnnye
so glad you are home so we can get pics now. I checked a couple times  myself since my last post, including earlier today but haven't seen any of them. Keep us updated...thanks for the pics!

Re: JULY 17: Adult and juvenile sighted 1 mile east of nest

tczig
Awesome photographs, Ken!  The eaglet looks so healthy!