March 31 photo and note from Trisha

Note from Trisha with her excellent photo that she asked me to post. She put this on FLICKR on March 31. She has trouble uploading to the FORUM

It's always thrilling to spend one on one time with our national bird. This is one of the adults (Ken....male or female?) in the Malaleuca snags west of the nest. The lone eaglet left the nest 4 days ago and had not been seen since. Yesterday afternoon, late, it was reported that it was seen flying in the area of the nest. The first flight is such a great risk....last year we never saw the eaglet again after its first flight and assume it did not survive. The juveniles stay around the nest even after they are proficient in flight, as the adults bring food to the nest while the young birds learn to hunt on their own. We hope that the adults are with the juvie, feeding it away from the nest as they coax it to fly back into it. If you have a chance and are near Pines Blvd and US27, please see if you can have any luck spotting our wayward eaglet.

Tad

Re: March 31 photo and note from Trisha

Tad
Superb photo!

Tad

In a message dated 4/1/2013 5:32:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/March-31-photo-and-note-from-Trisha-tp7573013.html
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: March 31 photo and note from Trisha

Desiree
The eaglet was seen in the nest and photographed by my friend on 4/1, I'm so happy the eaglet is doing fine!