Monday Feb. 15, 2:40pm - 3:55pm

Ed Mattis
When I arrived one adult was sitting above the nest with no adult in the nest. About 2:50pm the other adult flew into the nest and began feeding the chicks. About 3:00pm the adult over the nest flew to the  melaleucas while the adult in the nest continued with feeding. There were three fuzzy heads showing at one time (photo attached). I saw all three eglets being fed. At 3:23pm the second adult came into the nest with fresh food (looked like a fish) and feeding continued. One adult left the nest and flew to the melaleucas to roost. At 3:43pm the other adult buzzed the one in the melaleucas and landed near by (photo). The nest was left with no adult for about five minutes when one returned. Attaching photos of Eagles and one of a sleepy Great Horned Owl from Loxahatchee last week.

EdFeedingRoostingBuzzingGreat Horned Owl

Re: Monday Feb. 15, 2:40pm - 3:55pm

Good news about the third chick, Ed. It seems to stay out of the way of the others, but it has been getting a share of food.

Wonderful photos of the chicks and the owl!

Re: Monday Feb. 15, 2:40pm - 3:55pm

vdelauz
Ed, great shots!!!

I love the pic with the one eagle buzzing the other. To me, it's as if one eagle was yelling to the other, "Get back to the nest! It's your turn to feed!"

By the way, the owl is beautiful.

Re: Monday Feb. 15, 2:40pm - 3:55pm

Thanks so much for the update Ed and your beautiful photos!