Nest Restoration has began.

MyEagle13
Finally i have get to the conclusion that our season of restoration has began, first in my mind cross the idea that our bald eagle got scare because the electricity poles situation but i have got to the conclusion maybe they never got scare we were just visiting the nest at the wrong time, i have been visiting the nest since monday oct21 an the first day i got there as i comment around 9 or so and no eagles around and other days in the past at the same time but i decide to come back more early around 7:00am and 2 days in a role a had seen them working at the nest today they left early but they did work on the nest tomorrow i will be there and my hypothesis will be prove HOPE SO!!!!!! YAHYYYYYY WE R SO READY FOR THOSE LITTLE BUBBLE HEADS here r some pictures that i could take it was still dark. EANJOY THEM!!!!!!
Male vocalizing at the dead trees
Mom getting sticks from dead tree
nest were to dark i was not able to get a pictures in it
Myeagle13

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

Lisa G
Beautiful pictures :)

Can you all post your Pictures on our Facebook page please .. we need to keep everyone updated on the page since we are trying to raise funds to get a Camera up in the nest ..Here is the Link https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300 .. you can also Email  pictures to me and make sure your name is on the email and I will post them so everyone can see them ... We are working on the Website will be up soon .. Thanks For any help you can give us :) Lisa Garza @ South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

Yes, Velinda, your observation squares with what we have seen on our morning walks in the wetlands about 1 mile SE of the nest. In past years and at least twice this year we have seen an adult (last year sometimes both adults) flying SE towards the big lake in Sunset lakes. This is usually about a half hour after sunrise. I think that maybe they have a habit of going out for "breakfast" early until the eggs are laid. Three times this past week one or more adults have been engaged in nest restoration or building before they set out.

In past years we have seen an adult chase after an Osprey to steal its catch. I have seen the eagles dive down after one that was roosting with a fish as well as one that just caught a fish. The Ospreys fish very early-- often they are already roosting and starting to eat a fish before the sun rises. This means the eagles are good at timing their hunt just after the Ospreys.

Here is one photo I took with the eagle chasing after the Osprey over the wetlands at SW 196th Avenue just south of Pembroke Road. The Osprey dropped the fish.

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

MyEagle13
ken this is our eagle? OMG no wonder they r good raptors LOL i wonder where this lakes is? this is where they spend the time when is not nesting season? wao WREAT PICTURE not worries i will be there tomorrow to continuing with my observations i'll keep u post!!
Myeagle13

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

Yes, this is one of our adult eagles. We see them only occasionally, but more when the babies need food. They usually just fly over. This was only the second time I ever saw them chase an Osprey there in the past 3-4 years.They probably spend time on the Lighthouse Island on the big lake in Sunset Lakes.

Here is a link to my blog about the area: LINK

This map shows it as the Harbour Lakes Mitigation Area. All the entrances are on private property. The top yellow pin is the eagle nest, about a mile to the NW of the pin on the lake where I took the photo.The police/fire  shooting/training range is halfway between this spot and the nest. Some of the firemen say they have seen the eagles roost in that area, which is also blocked off from the public.

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

Here is Scott Simmons' blog with photos of another eagle chasing an Osprey.

http://focusingonwildlife.com/news/bald-eagle-attacking-an-osprey/

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

Linda954
I hope people continue to post here.     Many worksites block social media sites.    When on my breaks I like to sign on here and get the updates and photos on the eagles.

Re: Nest Restoration has began.

Lisa G
Sorry to hear that Linda so I guess you can't go on Pride & Joy Facebook .. We have daily post just wonderful pictures ..Here is our Web site go see our Picture Gallery ...www.http://southfloridaeaglenest.org... We are taking donations on our website for so we can Install a Camera please share with everyone you know so we can get the equipment before next season ...Our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

Pride & Joy are very very busy at the nest :):)