None on Oct 17, but one with nesting materials Oct 29 and TWO at nest on Oct 31

None on Oct 17, but one with nesting materials Oct 29 and TWO at nest on Oct 31

I stopped at the nest site briefly at about 10:00 AM and found Al, who had been watching since 8:45 AM. He had not sighted any eagles, and none showed up before we departed about 10:15 AM.

The nest looks to be in good shape. We wondered if the eagles had already added some sticks, but there is no way to tell without ground observations.

Expect to see the eagles later in the day, and please report any sightings here-- especially if two are seen together.

The nest:

The intrepid and well-equipped Nest Watcher:

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

Kelly Smith
I was wondering if anyone has actually seen two eagles at the same time?  I know that I haven't - but that isn't unusual at Sunset Lakes.  I haven't seen an eagle on the lighthouse as often, but that could be because I not at home as much, now that school has started.   I will be relieved when I hear that there are actually two adults in the area.

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

Mike Fossler
Yes, the October 2 thread (about 6 or 7 entries below this one) reported 2 eagles on the malaleucas.

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

johnnye J
Well, I hope I did not speak too soon.  It was raining lightly when I saw the 2 birds and there was a lot of glare.  One bird was smaller than the other so I assumed it was the male, but did not get a clear look at it.  I was driving by and the one closer to the road was an eagle.  They were only a couple (sticks) trees apart and at almost the same level high.  Would another large bird roost so close to an adult eagle if not another eagle?  No one has seen the two of them together yet so I am questioning what I saw.

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

Randy
Harmony Lakes in Davie, FL
@2:30 PM, Monday, October 29, 2012

Saw a single bald eagle (no white on belly, so pretty certain it was a bald eagle). Swooped down towards our screened swimming pool lanai. Three of our cats were out in the lanai relaxing. The eagle got to within a couple of inches of the screen and abruptly turned skyward. An awesome, yet very eery site indeed.

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

Catherine W.
Saw one of the Bald Eagles over Chapel Trail development two days ago. My son (who has better eyesight haha) says he saw sticks in its beak.

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

Kelly Smith
I saw both eagles in the maleleucas this morning on my way to West Broward.  Now I feel better....

Re: Wednesday, October 17 -- No eagles seen in nest area 8:45 - 10:15 Am

Mike Fossler
Me too!!!