SEPT 1 - Both Adults near nest this morning

SEPT 1 - Both Adults near nest this morning

At about 8:15 this morning I was riding with my neighbor Scott past the nest when we saw both adults roosting near each other on the melaleuca snags just west of the nest.

I do not have zoom on my telephoto lens so I had to angle the camera to get both of them in the same frame. I think the female is on the left but I could be wrong.

Female Bald Eagle:

I think this is the Male:

Quite sure it was the female who took off first, flying to the east along Pines Blvd and settling in the usual roost tree just east of the nest.

Female in flight:

Less than a minute later, the male followed but turned more to the south past where the female was roosting and we did not see him after that:

Please keep on the lookout for other signs such as carrying sticks to the nest, courtship activity or copulation. Thanks!

Re: SEPT 1 - Both Adults near nest this morning

Maria Rosa Drake
Wonderful news!!!

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 1, 2014, at 1:58 PM, "NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

At about 8:15 this morning I was riding with my neighbor Scott past the nest when we saw both adults roosting near each other on the melaleuca snags just west of the nest.

I do not have zoom on my telephoto lens so I had to angle the camera to get both of them in the same frame. I think the female is on the left but I could be wrong.

Female Bald Eagle:

I think this is the Male:

Quite sure it was the female who took off first, flying to the east along Pines Blvd and settling in the usual roost tree just east of the nest.

Female in flight:

Less than a minute later, the male followed but turned more to the south past where the female was roosting and we did not see him after that:

Ken Schneider
Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/SEPT-1-Both-Adults-near-nest-this-morning-tp7573607.html
To start a new topic under CURRENT 2014-2015 Observations of Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Nest, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: SEPT 1 - Both Adults near nest this morning

Lisa G
Great News . I just shared on Pride & Joy Facebook page . We have a lot of people Following Pride & Joy :)

 https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300?ref=br_tf
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: SEPT 1 - Both Adults near nest this morning

Lil Gillar
This is great news! Been missing them, looking forward to the new nesting season.

Re: SEPT 1 - Both Adults near nest this morning

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
Your pictures are so great.  What a great way to start the new season!

 - Kelly

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313