Saw one eaglet today JAN 21 12:15-1:15PM

Saw one eaglet today JAN 21 12:15-1:15PM

After the rains let up, Mary Lou and I visited the nest at about 12:15 and stayed for an hour. At first the female was on the nest sheltering and tending to the eaglets. The male was not around and the eaglets were hidden to the rear left side of the nest.

The male arrived, not carrying prey, and the pair called back and forth.

He briefly roosted on the horizontal perch above the nest and then flew in a circle around the nest.

The male returned to the perch and continued resting there until we departed.

In the meantime, the female began tearing at the large white bird that had been on the nest since yesterday.

After eating quite a bit she started feeding the eaglets.

The eaglets were hidden in the rear left portion of the nest, where the rim is also higher, so they remained out of view......until we finally caught sight of one.

Re: Saw one eaglet today JAN 21 12:15-1:15PM

Desiree
So beautiful!   Ty

Re: Saw one eaglet today JAN 21 12:15-1:15PM

Lisa G
Great Pictures Ken .. Nice to see the Little Eaglets are doing so well :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Saw one eaglet today JAN 21 12:15-1:15PM

Liza
Great report and captures Ken !!! They seem to be doing great !!
Liza