Tuesday, 5/17/2016 - at the Nest at Noon

Tuesday, 5/17/2016 - at the Nest at Noon

tczig
I was at the nest a little after noon today for a few minutes.  No sign of any adult eagles anywhere, but the lone eaglet was in the nest moving around, and stretching his wings out.  He was behind a branch most of the time, so my photos weren't great.  He moved to the left side of the nest, and then moved back behind the branch.  He looks like a healthy little guy!

Re: Tuesday, 5/17/2016 - at the Nest at Noon

Lisa G
Nice Pictures . When I was there Pride & Jewel were no were around either .. This is a Big Girl she should be Fledge soon in the next week or so :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Tuesday, 5/17/2016 - at the Nest at Noon

LuiFalcon
Hi all,

I passed by yesterday at lunch time and stood around for 1 hour hoping to get a glimpse of the little one, but unfortunately I saw something a little unsettling, there was gentlemen from DPW marking up the sidewalk right across the street from the nest site and if I am not mistaken, these are the markings that DPW does right before they start chopping up the sidewalk with LOUD machinery, saw's, Hilti Drills, ETC, ETC.

I am afraid that the little one might get scared enough that he/she might try to fly away prematurely, do to the noise and confusion!

I really hope I am wrong and just speculating all this, but here is a picture I took of the sidewalk markings.

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Tuesday, 5/17/2016 - at the Nest at Noon

LuiFalcon
Across the street, where everybody stands to photograph them.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Lisa G [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is this on the same side of the road the nest is on ?? I already forwarded you concern and pictures to get the answers we need to make sure this does not bother the Eaglet ..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are please to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. is a  501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they  make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)   If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me.

To start a new topic under CURRENT 2015-2016 Observations of Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Nest BO-002, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

While the "official" breeding season ends on May 15, this does not take into consideration the fact that the ACTUAL season is more extended this year for many Florida nests and that undue disturbance which may endanger the eagles or cause injury/death abandonment is still prohibited.

Contact City of Pembroke Pines, Public Works 954-437-1111

Re: Tuesday, 5/17/2016 - at the Nest at Noon

tczig
Hi Lisa, I hope to stop by the nest again next week - I hope to see at least one of the adults.  That's great you all are naming her.  I have no suggestions, but I'm sure the name will be perfect.  I name things like Bunny for a rabbit, Kitty for a cat, and Pup for a dog - ha ha - so, this eaglet would be named Eaglet if I had my choice!  I would offer up the suggestion of Ruby, since the mother is named Jewel - Ruby is a Jewel, after all.  But, I like like the patriotic names more, tho.  I have loved all the names so far.

I didn't see the sidewalk drilling, and that's the side of the street I park on.  That would be insane if they allowed them to drill there at this time, insane.  I did, however, notice that they put up some reflector sticks right there where you turn right into that development - those were new.  But, it is NOT on the same side of the street as the nest is.